Whether you are planning to gift some flowers or just got some of your own, one aspect is always at the forefront as flower aficionados: How can I ensure my brand new bouquet lasts as long as possible?
Flowers bloom and wither, and this is the natural order of things. But when you got a great bouquet, you want to enjoy it as much as possible, as that's where our tips can come in handy. So today, we'll go over how to keep flower bouquets fresh with a few handy tips that anybody can follow at home.
How long should a bouquet last?
Now, this is the first thing we need to clear up. It's easy to ask how to keep flower arrangements fresh, but we must understand how long they will last to remain realistic.
Generally, cut flowers last 7-12 days, which means, on average, your bouquets will last a week. Of course, not all flowers are the same; roses, for example, are known for lasting a long time. Your environment and climate will also play a role in these statistics.
But in general, we can say a week is a good estimate, so let's discuss some easy tips you can follow at home to ensure your bouquets go beyond that estimate.
What can I do to make my flowers last longer?
If you are scrambling your head, wondering how to keep a bouquet fresh, don't worry; it's way easier than it sounds. Our advice is easy to follow, and most of it can be done with whatever you have at home. So let's get started with some simple yet useful suggestions:
- Cleaning up: The first step when you get a new bouquet is to take care of the small details. Remove any papers or plastics that can keep your bouquet from breathing properly. And after that, make sure to remove any elements that are already beginning to spoil.
- Trim the stem: Making a fresh cut on the stem will allow the flower to absorb nutrients better and last longer. So make sure you give it a fresh trim with disinfected tools and run it under water for a while.
- Make the water richer: Water is the main source of nutrients for your bouquet, so you'll want to throw in some additives to make it better for the flowers. Thankfully you can easily do this with common household items, just follow our guide, and you'll be set.
- Glass is a flower's friend: Your choice of vase also matters when it comes to a bouquet's life expectancy, and glass vases are by far the best possible pick for flowers.
- Don't forget to add a preservative packet: It's a tried-and-true method, so if you want to make sure your flowers last as long as possible, grab one from your local store and add it to the water.
For those of you asking how to keep a fresh flower longer, the answer is thankfully very straightforward. What matters is that you keep your bouquet in conditions that benefit the flower, and this can be done with just a few simple steps.
Grab a glass vase, do some trimming and cleaning on your flowers and add some of our recommended ingredients to the water to give it that extra punch. This way, you'll be able to ensure your bouquets last longer than the expected week.Now you are set to take care of your next bouquet, so if you are looking for your next delivery, browse our website, and we assure you'll find an arrangement perfect for you. And if you are interested in learning more about flowers and how to best take care of them, give our blog a look. It's full of tips for flower lovers by flower lovers.